Vegan, Oil-free, Nut-free, Gluten-free
Better than the real thing!
(No Tuna) Chickpea Salad
3 cups or two 15-oz cans cooked chickpeas, drained, and rinsed
2 to 3 Tbsps red onion, finely diced
2 to 3 celery stalks (about 1/2 cup), finely diced
2 to 3 pickles (about 1/4 cup), finely diced
2 Tbsps nori seaweed flakes (or two sushi nori sheets, cut up)
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1/2 cup mayonnaise (Simple Tofu Mayonnaise (nutritionandhealtheducator.com)
lettuce or cabbage leaves
whole-grain bread for sandwiches
whole-grain pita bread
1. Place drained chickpeas into a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter, potato masher, the back of your hand or a fork, mash the chickpeas to break them up.
2. Next, add the diced onion, celery, and pickle to the chickpeas.
3. Then add the nori flakes, and pepper and mix to combine.
4. Lastly, add the mayonnaise. Mix to combine.
5. To serve the (No Tuna) Chickpea Salad, place it into a lettuce leaf and serve with sliced tomatoes, if desired.
6. Alternatively, make sandwiches, stuffed pita pockets or serve with crackers.
No animals were harmed during the creation of this recipe!